Saturday 23 February 2013

Sagging...



Firstly, let me state for the record that today’s blog has nothing to do with sagging as in “sagging breasts” that somehow migrate south to meet your belly button. I assure you that I have sufficient material to blog about if I decide to explore that aspect of sagging. In fact, I was unfortunate enough to behold a woman a few moments ago who, in spite of having an ample bosom chose to go bra-less. The flimsy, red unlined lace fabric that the blouse was made of did nothing to help her cause. I imagine that decades ago they were where they were supposed to be but with time and gravity they have drifted south and now her boobs are at her waist. But she seemed quite happy and so that is that! I, on the other hand, am traumatized at the sight, and wished she had covered them up.

Anyway, my problem is with sagging pants! 
 Yes, these young men who are going around with their pants way below the waist exposing their underwear - sometimes their trousers are way below their butts almost at their knees! Where did this trend come from and WHY is it still around??!!!!! 

At first I thought that the pants were just a little too big and the offenders did not have belts for whatever reason. However, I gradually realized that that was not so. I have seen many wearing belts with the sagging pants! Fellows, I DO NOT WISH to see the bad-coloured, washed out, brief or underpants you have on! Sometimes the underwear look so shabby they look like some old dusting rags or fit for the trash can. By the way, it doesn’t matter if they are brand new, fruit of the loom, snoopy inspired or designer underwear or even if Denzel Washington’s face was on it – I DO NOT want to see them and worse off I do not want to see your butt either! Show some self-respect – PULL UP YOUR PANTS.
Snoopy Underpants
 
I saw a young man the other day who at first glance resembled a girl due to his cornrow hairstyle and earrings and lack of facial hair. But then when he got up I realized it was a male.  Anyway, this youth's manner of dress almost gave me a heart attack but then I became happy that I did not have any sons!

His lime green shirt (which could pass for a girl’s blouse) was form fitting with CAP SLEEVES. The white skinny jeans pants he was wearing was sooooooooo tight I am convinced that they painted it on him! It was waaaaay below his waist and I get the feeling that he borrowed his kid sister’s jeans and it could not go any farther on his body. The result was a rather abnormal gait. Just watching him move was painful enough and, had I not seen his stupid pants, I would have figured that this guy has a severe hernia, recently had his testicles removed, or suffers from some sort of spinal troubles. The fact that he was sporting off-white (might have originally been white) patterned underpants and lime green and gold sneakers still did not make him more appealing!! What was even more shocking is that two young girls were on either side of the fellow and he felt like a KING as they walked and chatted… If I had a son, he most certainly could NOT leave the house dressed as sloppily as that. Furthermore, if I had a daughter she had better not let me see her walking and talking with any guy dressed like that!!

I wonder how many persons sporting this fashion have any idea of its origin. For those who do not know WHERE this style started, it would be instructive to just do some research into the background. If you STILL want to dress like this after finding out then I guess you just a plain old sloppy dresser!!

Oh before closing, I think it’s only fair to tell women wearing the low-rise pants and thongs that some of us do not wish to see your intergluteal cleft (butt crack) either! So cover it up!!! SHEESH!

Here is where you let Miss Ellie know how you honestly feel about this sagging pants trend, what do you think?


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely hate the style, looks sloppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, this started in the prisons! Then the hip-hop artists made it popular and it just spread all around. Half these guys dont know the beginnin of this fad!

    ReplyDelete